Valentines Day

Ryan and I don't usually do much for Valentines day, we never really have, but I just remembered one from years ago that made me smile.

We were in college and I think it was probably our first Valentines day as a couple. We had agreed that neither of us really liked Valentines day all that much so gifts were not necessary. Maybe instead we'd just rent a movie or go for a walk and have coffee. I think I might have bought him a card and a box of heart shaped Altoids or something little like that, but Ryan was a far more thoughtful than I.....as is usually the case.

Earlier that week Ryan had recruited a buddy to help him pick through the QFC candy bin for all of the clear gummy bears they had. I had mentioned to Ryan early in our relationship that I love gummy bears but really just the clear ones...I think they're pineapple...and they have to be the kind that are a little though and chewy, not soft and gummy. I like them better when they're a little stale.

So low and behold, on Valentines day, Ryan presented me with a big bag of just clear gummy bears and a card. I love my husband.

2 Comments:

  1. Marty said...
    I love your husband, too. What a wonderful gift from the Lord. Thank you, Lord for providing Annie's perfect mate. --mommy
    Mary said...
    So sweet!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home