Mary Full of Grace

Mary Grace, your name means bitter but I see non of that in you.

For a time we didn't get along, even though we came from the same womb and born just two years apart. Thankfully that time has passed and your little sister has wised up and been humbled by your beauty.

Pictures of you flash in my head when I think of the life you lead today. Images of motherhood, so tender and kind but also stern and discerning, shaping your young ones to love the Lord with all their heart. Unknowingly shaping me as well, teaching me to be the kind of mother our Lord has made you to be.

I see a beautiful wife who greets her husband with a smile and a kiss. I see a friend who watches mountains of children at a time so others can run errands or go to doctor's appointments without their babes in tow. I see a sister who has taught me more than she knows about love and joy and Jesus. I see a child of God who yearns to learn and grow in His love. Most of all I see Jesus. In your actions, in the way that you speak and unselfishly give of yourself, and in how you desperately want the world to know Him.

Thank you Mary Grace for being my sister, I love you and I am in awe of what He is doing in and through you.

3 Comments:

  1. Mary said...
    Wow, I am speechless. I love you.
    Love,
    Mary
    J Dub said...
    It is nice to know that I am not the only one who sees what amazing qualities are found in my wonderful Mary Grace
    Marjorie said...
    I think it is perfectly fitting that Mary shares a name with the Blessed Mother. Mary is such a fun and loving mother. It's beautiful.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home