I have this shirt that Ryan loves. I've had it for years now, in fact I can't remember when I bought it but I think it might be one of his favorites of mine. The shirt is white, long sleeved with a few buttons at the neck and it has a waffle weave texture to it. It's not flashy, low cut or anything special but every time I wear it he notices and doesn't fail to tell me how much he loves it on my body.

The shirt that Ryan loves is a little smaller than it used to be, or perhaps I'm a little bigger, but still every time I wear it he comments on how cute he thinks I am. Today I was reading Genesis 2:18 and I thought of this shirt.

Then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone. I will make him a helper fit for him."

I am Ryan's helper, his wife, his partner. Sometimes being his helper means making dinner and cleaning the house, sometimes it's being honest with him about my sin and struggles, sometimes it's praying for him when he's having a rough time but sometimes it's putting on a shirt that he loves.

God knew that it was not good for Ryan to be alone so he made Ryan and I one, two equal pieces with different purposes making a whole with Jesus as our center. I love my husband and that I am called to be his helper so today, before he came home, I went upstairs, took off my drool and baby puke covered turtleneck, and changed into the white waffle weave shirt.

I am Ryan's helper and today that means him coming home to a wife wearing the shirt that he loves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home