Telemarketers and Jesus

We have been getting a lot of calls from telemarketers lately and they have been driving me nuts! I don't really love talking on the phone to begin with so the idea of talking on the phone with a complete stranger and being sold something really doesn't appeal. I've added our number to the do not call list and I've told telemarketers to take us off their list but somehow they always get through.

In recent months I have employed a number of tactics when answering these calls including hanging up, putting them on mute and not hanging up, saying "no thank you" and hanging up and my personal favorite and one I learned from Ryan's grandma, putting the phone on the counter and walking away until they hang up.

Well now I have a new tactic I learned from my mom that makes me feel a little silly but I think is a lot nicer and loving than all of the above. From here on out when I answer a call and I know it is a telemarketer I am going to be super nice to Sally, or Ted or whoever I am talking to and I tell them this:

"Your know what, I am really not interested in your Ginsu Knives (or whatever they are selling) but I want to tell you that Jesus loves you and he died for you."

I figure either they'll want to know more and I can talk to them about Jesus, my absolute favorite subject, or they'll think I am a loon and hang up. Both outcomes would be awesome.

So if you love Jesus and you want to spread the Gospel you should give it a try.

1 Comment:

  1. Marty said...
    You are my sweet love and I am so proud of you. --mommy

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home