Does Satan Exist?

Here's a link to a debate that was on Nightline last night on the existence of Satan. Our pastor was one of the folks claiming that Satan does in fact exist.

I thought the debate was really good and thought provoking. I didn't really understand a lot of what Deepak Chopra said which would indicate to me (by his standards anyhow) that I am ignorant and primitive.....but then again I am a God fearing, bible believing christian who loves and serves Jesus so what do you expect. ;-)

Seriously though. I do hold the belief that Satan exists and will one day be defeated finally by Jesus and I think Pastor Mark did a really good job of explaining the biblical perspective concisely and without getting hot tempered. Watch for yourself and enjoy.

1 Comment:

  1. KyleHendrickson said...
    A few years ago while my youth group was on a mission trip in Mexico, some workers from a Mexican psychiatric hospital came and asked us to pray for an American in their custody, who was demon possessed. As soon as we came in the room he started yelling at us that he knew who we were, that we were Christians. He did and said a bunch of stuff that scared me pretty well. Ultimately we didn't end up helping the poor guy very much - no immediate deliverance, as with Jesus or the apostles... We just didn't have the faith/power for it. This is one of many experiences that convince me that we have to strive to know Jesus intimately and not just know about him or know what we're supposed to know as good christians. If we don't really know him, there's no power. As paul said to the Corinthians (2cor 2): "For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God."

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home